Erin Marcus offers business consulting from her Chicago base. Her business is called Conquer Your Business.
- Erin, Kevin, and Graham had a lively conversation about Erin’s background in Chicago.
- They discussed her transition from corporate to entrepreneurship and their shared love for TV shows set in Chicago.
- Erin left her job as a senior vice president of business development in the insurance industry.
- She left to start her own franchise that provided hands-on assistance to families with ageing parents.
- She believed that this new venture aligned with her previous experience in the age-related product market.
It’s all about relationships, stupid!
- Graham, Erin, and Kevin discussed the importance of understanding people and building relationships in business.
- They emphasised that creating meaningful connections and being systematic about maintaining them can lead to significant growth and opportunities.
- Kevin, Erin, and Graham reflected on the importance of cultivating relationships and helping others.
- They discussed how personal experiences and self-reliance.
- These shape belief that they could create their own path, while emphasising the need to make decisions for oneself to avoid others making them for you.
Take Personal Responsibility
- Graham, Erin, and Kevin discussed the importance of taking personal responsibility and not blaming others for one’s failures.
- They discussed the need to take action, learn from mistakes, and adapt in order to achieve success.
- Erin, Graham, and Kevin discussed the importance of having a clear vision and plan in business.
- Many people make the mistake of not knowing what they want to create, and highlighted the need to think like a business owner in order to scale and succeed.
Have a Plan
- Erin, Graham, and Kevin discussed the importance of having a plan beyond just financial goals and focusing on outcomes rather than processes in business.
- They talked about reverse engineering strategies, making informed decisions, and taking consistent action to achieve desired results.
- Erin discussed her ability to solve her clients’ problem of lack of time by bringing in her COO and other experts.
- She also mentioned her inspiration from the rock star Pink, who does things her own way with a strong work ethic.
- More discussion of motivation, failure, and the importance of taking action.
- The value of being open to feedback, overcoming challenges, and the desire to have meaningful conversations with individuals who have experienced personal growth.
Underdogs – Are They an Ideal Audience for Business Consulting?
- Erin shared her belief in helping underdogs and empowering people to be in charge of their own outcomes through access to information.
- They also discussed the enjoyable mix of real conversation, tactical information, and humour on the podcast.
- Concept of failure and how it can be reframed as a learning experience.
- They also talked about scheduling conflicts and the need for a better system to handle cancellations and rescheduling.
Clips from the Podcast
Why Did Erin Leave Corporate?
Erin Wears Lots of Different Hats, and She Loves it!
Franchise Unearthed her True Passion “Puzzle of Business”
Erin Uses Her Business Consulting Podcast to Help People….Do We?
2 Things Businesses ARE Getting Wrong
Contact Erin Marcus
Erin Provided this Amazing Testimonial for The Next 100 Days Podcast
The Next 100 Days co-hosts…
Graham founded Finely Fettled to help marketers who want to market to affluent and high-net-worth customers. He is now the Host of The 2023 Alternative Investment Summit, featuring 22 providers of alternative investments. You can attend the summit for free. Get the All Access Pass to Register here: https://www.thealternativeinvestmentsummit.co.uk
Kevin specialises in finance transformation and implementing business change. He’s the COO of GrowCFO, which provides both community and CPD-accredited training designed to grow the next generation of finance leaders. You can find Kevin on LinkedIn and at kevinappleby.com