Tony Smith shared a number of emotional posts describing a mental health challenge he faced. Kevin Appleby noticed the posts, got in touch and invited him, as a long term friend of the show, to join The Next 100 Days, so we could hear him out.
- Tony, a former police officer and crisis negotiator, shared his personal experience with depression and the benefits of medication in restoring the chemical imbalance in the brain. The group discussed the importance of mental health and Tony’s transition into the field.
Dealing With Mental Health
- Tony, Kevin, and Graham discussed their experiences with dealing with stress and negative thoughts. They shared techniques such as writing down their thoughts and focusing on what they can control, and emphasized the importance of mindset and perspective.
- Tony, Graham, and Kevin discussed the positive response Tony received after sharing his personal journey during Mental Health Awareness Week. They also talked about the importance of not giving up in sales and letting things take their course.
- The group discussed Tony’s recent struggles and how he received support from friends. They also talked about the importance of being an active listener and paying attention to others’ emotions.
- Tony discussed his experience with feeling overwhelmed and lonely as a business owner, and how he received advice to remember that “this too shall pass.” The group also discussed the importance of reaching out to others and not letting worries consume you.
- Graham and Kevin discussed Tony’s struggle with depression and shared some tips on how to cope with it, such as journaling and focusing on the positive.
Clips from the Podcast
Tony Got Empathy, But Things Were Changing
Graham Anti-Negative Technique
A Natural Outpouring
Kevin Asks How Bad is it Anyway?
Tony Smith Provided This Testimonial
The Next 100 Days co-hosts…
Graham founded Finely Fettled to help marketers who want to market to affluent and high-net-worth customers. He is now the Host of The Alternative Investment Summit 2023, featuring providers of alternative investments. You can attend the summit for free. Contact Graham on LinkedIn: Visit Graham’s LinkedIn Profile and by email.
Kevin specialises in finance transformation and implementing business change. He’s the COO of GrowCFO which provide both community and CPD-accredited training designed to grow the next generation of finance leaders. You can find Kevin on LinkedIn and at kevinappleby.com