Creating a Summit
Aș a co-host of The Next 100 Days Podcast, it would be understandable to think he did nothing else, but quietly he’s been creating a summit called The 2023 Alternative Investment Summit. Kevin Appleby had kept tabs on Graham’s activities and thought it might be a good idea to share some of the learnings Graham has garnered through the process of creating a summit.
- Kevin and Graham discussed the process of setting up a summit and the importance of providing value to the audience.
- Graham shared his experience of attending the Funnel Hacking Live conference in Orlando in September 22.
- It dawned on Graham the potential of using a summit to reverse the traditional marketing approach and attract interested participants.
Creating a Summit
- The challenges of organising a virtual summit with multiple guest speakers.
- Graham had to learn many new skills.
- A big challenge (surprisingly) was to persuade experts in the field to participate in the summit.
- The Summit required a lot of effort and planning.
- Graham was helped by investing in Bailey Richert’s Virtual Summit School training.
- Graham and Kevin talked about the financial model of a summit, which involves earning revenue through affiliate commissions and introducing new clients to the speakers’ products.
- The mainstay of income from this particular summit, will be from introducer commissions from summit registrants choosing to invest in speaker opportunities.
- They explored the idea of offering an all-access pass at different price levels – before the summit (£39), during the summit (£49) and after the summit (£59).
- The summit is helped commercially through a commitment to promote by each speaker. A Jacob’s Join.
- Kevin mentioned the potential for sponsorship as an additional income stream in future events.
Technical Aspects of Creating a Summit
- The importance of using ClickFunnels and its features like Backpack for affiliate commission tracking.
- They also mentioned the need for Vimeo for private video hosting.
- ActiveCampaign is being used for autoresponder emails and email marketing.
- Stripe is used as the payment processor for registration payments.
- One challenge was accurately capturing closed captions for videos.
- Up to a point Fathom has been very helpful in creating transcripts and closed captions.
Clips from the Podcast
Did you notice? As a result of an internet outage, Graham had to record this podcast by mobile phone tethering!
Contact Bailey for her Virtual Summit School here: https://baileyrichert.com/
The Next 100 Days co-hosts…
Graham founded Finely Fettled to help marketers who want to market to affluent and high-net-worth customers. He is now Host of The 2023 Alternative Investment Summit, featuring 22 providers of alternative investments. You can attend the summit for free. Register free of charge here: https://www.thealternativeinvestmentsummit.co.uk
Kevin specialises in finance transformation and implementing business change. He’s the COO of GrowCFO which provide both community and CPD-accredited training designed to grow the next generation of finance leaders. You can find Kevin on LinkedIn and at kevinappleby.com