Aspiring Writer Coach
Eleanor Baggaley is an aspiring writer coach. She is a book coach for writers who are struggling to start or finish their books. Aspiring writers know it can be a lonely job and whilst writers are brimming with ideas it is easy to get distracted, procrastinate and put off writing for another day. So, what should such writers do? Search for an ‘aspiring writer coach’ and talk to Eleanor Baggaley. She’s this week’s guest on The Next 100 Days Podcast.
Summary of Podcast
- Eleanor, a former head of maths and computer science, talks about her transition from teaching to personal development and writing books to help students and young children find their path in life.
- We discussed career paths. Eleanor shared her journey from being a teacher to becoming a book coach and author. In the meantime, Graham and Kevin talked about their potential book ideas. One thing stood out for Eleanor, and that was the importance of being passionate about the topic.
- Graham, Eleanor, and Kevin discussed the motivations behind writing a book, including the desire to help others, leave a legacy, or establish authority in a niche. They also acknowledged that while many books do not sell well, the process of writing and publishing a book can still be valuable for personal and professional growth.
Eleanor the Entrepreneur!
- It seems that Eleanor is a circumstantial entrepreneur! She discussed her various passions and entrepreneurial ventures, often building on the situation she found herself in.
- As part of her work as an aspiring writer coach, Eleanor hosts a free online group called “Author’s Fika” for anyone interested in book writing. She also has a coach to keep her accountable and focused, and expressed the importance of accountability in achieving goals.
Importance of having an author identity
- Eleanor, Graham, and Kevin discussed the process of writing and publishing a book, including the importance of author identity, editing, and design.
Will AI wreck book writing?
- They also touched on the potential uses and risks of AI in writing, emphasizing the need to use it productively and not cheat the system.
The Next 100 Days – Book?
- Graham, Eleanor, and Kevin discussed the possibility of collaborating on a book that would share the knowledge and expertise of over 7 years of guest podcasts.
Clips from the Podcast
How Does Graham Get Away With it?
Podcast to Book?
Passion to help others
No Business, But You Want a Book
An Author’s Fika
How to Contact Eleanor Baggaley
Click the image…
Eleanor Provided This Testimonial for The Next 100 Days Podcast
The Next 100 Days co-hosts…
Graham founded Finely Fettled to help marketers who want to market to affluent and high-net-worth customers. He is now the Host of The Alternative Investment Summit 2023, featuring providers of alternative investments. You can attend the summit for free. Contact Graham on LinkedIn: Visit Graham’s LinkedIn Profile and by email.
Kevin specialises in finance transformation and implementing business change. He’s the COO of GrowCFO which provide both community and CPD-accredited training designed to grow the next generation of finance leaders. You can find Kevin on LinkedIn and at kevinappleby.com