Amanda & Engel Jones have created the first of 12 personal development books. We recorded the podcast just one week before Engel turned 40. This podcast was all about having a good time, talking to friends and diving deep into brilliant personal development ideas.
A Returning Hero
- Kevin, Amanda, Engel, and Graham talked about releasing a series of 12 books on YouTube, discussing backgrounds for shows, and planning interviews with designers.
- They also mentioned Kevin’s grandchildren and introduced Amanda as a guest.
- Engel, Graham, and Kevin discussed creating a book series that focuses on personal development.
- The series is divided into three blocks: “Who am I?” “Why am I here?” and “Do I matter?” each consisting of four books that explore different aspects of self-discovery and reflection.
- Engel, Graham, and Kevin discussed the importance of understanding one’s identity and choosing based on personal values.
- They emphasised the significance of consequences and hoped that their book would guide young readers in making thoughtful decisions.
Intentions and Choices
- Engel, Graham, and Kevin discussed the importance of intentions and choices in achieving desired outcomes.
- They also touched on self-assessment and affirming one’s beliefs to understand their purpose in life.
- Engel and Graham discussed the achievement of Engel’s 12 books and their impact on helping others pursue excellence.
- They also mentioned receiving feedback from beta readers.
- Engel, Graham, and Kevin discussed the target audience for their book, which was primarily the Caribbean audience but also aimed to resonate with the Caribbean diaspora.
- They also touched on the marketing strategies for reaching local and expat populations.
Stage Play & PR
- Engel, Graham, and Kevin discussed the launch of Engel’s book and the idea of turning it into a stage production.
- They also discussed marketing strategies, including podcasts and postcards, to expand their audience and promote their work.
- Graham, Kevin, and Engel discussed the potential of using PR and television to promote their book launch event.
- They also considered the impact of their true-life story, which had elements of faith, on their audience.
Their Book Captivated a 17-Year-Old
- Engel, Graham, and Kevin discussed their book and its impact on readers, particularly a 17-year-old girl engrossed in the story.
- They also discussed their plans to create group sessions for self-reflection and personal growth, welcoming people from different backgrounds, including ex-pat Caribbeans.
- Engel, Graham, Kevin, and others talked about their experience being guests on the Next 100 Days podcast.
- They discussed their enjoyment of the podcast, guests’ diversity, and appreciation for the hosts’ work.
- Kevin, Graham, and Engel discussed the importance of consistency in writing and the need for mentorship in the Caribbean.
- They also talked about the challenges of creating products that apply to specific markets and the value of actively listening to target audiences.
- Graham, Engel, and Kevin discussed various topics, including personal development, target audience, and marketing strategies for a book.
- They explored the idea of using recorded conversations to capture the essence of the individuals and enhance the creative process.
Clips from the Podcast
A Love Story (and a halo)
Targeting the Caribbean Diaspora
Amanda & Engel Gave Us this Amazing Testimonial
The Next 100 Days co-hosts…
Graham founded Finely Fettled to help marketers who want to market to affluent and high-net-worth customers. He is now Host of The 2023 Alternative Investment Summit, featuring 22 providers of alternative investments. You can attend the summit for free. Get the All Access Pass to Register here: https://www.thealternativeinvestmentsummit.co.uk
Kevin specialises in finance transformation and implementing business change. He’s the COO of GrowCFO, providing community and CPD-accredited training designed to grow the next generation of finance leaders. You can find Kevin on LinkedIn and at kevinappleby.com