Susannah Cole gives property investing business advice. The range of advice is amazing! From how to buy your first AND second investment property in the UK. She’s a go-to advisor for both starter and experienced property investors. We’re delighted to have her as our podcast guest – in the first show in 2024!
So, before we get going with the show notes…
Summary of the Podcast
Podcast interview with Susannah Cole on property investing.
- Buying property at 60-75% of market value is key to profitability.
- Finding motivated sellers in distressed situations can lead to good deals.
- Having a large network of investors provides access to funding.
- Flipping properties quickly after minor renovations minimises risk.
- Long-term rentals provide passive income and security.
- Started investing in property in 2009, has nearly 15 years experience now.
- Built credibility through YouTube videos showing real deals and process.
- Wanted investors to see her honesty and depth of knowledge.
Buying Undervalued Properties
- Avoids overpaying by finding motivated sellers in difficult situations.
- Values building relationships and trust with sellers.
- Buys from agents and auctions rather than soliciting direct.
Funding for Property Investing
- Works with private investors rather than banks.
- Provides high returns to investors (e.g. 12-16% interest).
- Builds relationships and screens investors carefully.
- Favourite model is buying undervalued properties and doing minor renovations.
- Aims to get in and out of a flip in 2-3 weeks.
- Moves very quickly – gets team in immediately after purchase.
- Focused on student properties and HMOs in Bristol.
- Provides steady passive income and security.
- Recent major health problems, property income provided security.
- Allowed spending on private healthcare to stay alive.
- Both an art and a science.
- Consistency in delivering returns builds trust.
- Casts a wide net and expects only 1 in 10 to invest.
Other Property Investing podcasts:
- Episode 260 Waqas Khan & Sheetal Patel – Alternative Property Investing
- Episode 348 Chris Prefontaine – The Smart Real Estate Coach
- Episode 389 Agam Jain – Property Investing & Bridging
How Does Graham Get Away With This?
Attracting Investors and Clients on YouTube
Susannah Was Asked to Share Her Expertise
Finds Discounted Houses Hidden in Plain Sight
Buy to Let
Secret Sauce of Acquiring New Investors
Susannah Cole Provides This TESTIMONIAL for The Next 100 Days Podcast
Get In Touch With Susannah Cole
Discover Susannah Cole’s Videos on YouTube – click the image…
The Next 100 Days Podcast Co-Hosts
Graham founded Finely Fettled to help business owners and marketers who want to market to affluent and high-net-worth customers. With the vast majority of investors having no exposure to alternative investments, his new website https://investmentalternative.co.uk brings opportunities to the attention of investors. Find Graham on LinkedIn.
Kevin specialises in finance transformation and implementing business change. He’s the COO of GrowCFO, providing community and CPD-accredited training designed to grow the next generation of finance leaders. You can find Kevin on LinkedIn and at kevinappleby.com